This post (probably) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking through one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows the site to keep running! Thanks for understanding.
Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, is a gorgeous city that I wish I’d had more time in. The streets are cobble-stoned and lined with history. Despite it’s old-world appearance this city is truly embracing the new.
Ljubljana was European Green Capital 2016. The city centre is mainly pedestrianised and they even have a fleet of vehicles called Kavalir which offer free transport around the city for elderly people. Ljubljana is a young city in spirit due to the university.
No matter what you’re into there’s something for everyone in Ljubljana. Foodies will love the numerous coffee shops, inns and restaurants dotted around the city. At Christmas they have beautiful themed lights everywhere and markets line the streets.
History buffs will love the museums, churches and ,of course, the castle to be found in LJubljana. Now that I’ve convinced you to visit, let’s talk about where to stay in Ljubljana. Here’s my top hotels in Ljubljana and they’re all absolutely gorgeous!
FYI – This post contains affiliate links & all photos courtesy of Booking.com
Where to Stay in Ljubljana
Hotels in Ljubljana
1) Hotel Cubo – I stayed here while I was visiting Ljubljana. It’s a 4*, gorgeous little boutique hotel within easy walking distance from the town centre. The rooms are ultra modern with slick, clean fittings and large bathrooms. Particularly suitable for couples. The breakfast is incredible too. Their staff are absolutely beautiful (perhaps irrelevant, but worth mentioning) and so helpful! This would be my top pick of where to stay in Ljubljana. Rooms start from ~ €127 per night. Read more about Hotel Cubo, here.
2) Urban Hotel – This hotel is super central, right in the heart of Ljubljana. It’s 3* but everything about it looks like a 4* hotel. Everyone staying in this hotel is given a smart phone to use during their stay. It has 30 minutes of local calls pre-loaded on to it and local guides. Not to mention free scooter and bike rental is included, a great way to get around the city! Self-catering rooms are available also. I really like the design and size of the rooms in this hotel. Rooms start from ~ €125 per night. For more information about the Urban Hotel Ljubljana click here.
3) Hotel Nox – This design hotel offers uniquely decorated rooms with great city views. It is a little further out of town, but there are easy transport links to take you to the centre of Ljubljana. This hotel is particularly renowned for its staff scoring a 9.7/10 from their customer reviews. If you’re into skiing or golf then this hotel is the one for you. Both are only a short distance away and the hotel has ski storage facilities. Rooms start from ~ €98 per night. Read more here.
4) Vander Urbani Resort – This gorgeous city centre hotel boasts a stunning rooftop pool, perfect for the summer. You could not get a better location. The Vander Urbani has spa facilities, great wifi and modern airy rooms. Ljubljana Castle is just 10 minutes walk away. The free breakfast has plenty of variety (including veggie options). Rooms start from ~ €157 per night. Click here to browse availability and to check out more facilities.
5) Lesar Hotel Angel – This 4* boutique hotel is located right at the foot of Ljubljana Castle hill in a medieval house and just a short walk from the city centre. The design in this hotel has more of a classic, traditional feel. Free coffee and biscuits are offered throughout the day in the breakfast room. There is air-conditioning, free wifi and beautiful gardens. Am I giving you too many wonderful options?! There’s just so many great places to stay in Ljubljana. Rooms start from ~ €154 per night. To check it out for yourself click here.
6) Intercontinental Ljubljana – This 5* hotel will be opening in September 2017 and looks set to be absolutely beautiful. There will be a panoramic spa with an indoor pool and rooftop restaurant. There will also be a 24hr on-site gym. Location-wise this hotel will be pretty central, just 800m from the old town. Definitely worth having a look if you’re planning on visiting later on this year. Rooms start from ~ €129 per night. Click here for more info.
7) G Design Hotel – Located just a few minutes from the city centre by car or bus. There is a spa, sauna and wellness centre. I guess you can tell I like the modern, boutique style hotels by now. This one is as sleek as the others but with gorgeous accents of colour such as the orange chandelier and more. They get a lot of return guests, which is always a good sign. Rooms start from ~ €98 per night. Book here.
8) Antiq Palace – Small Luxury Hotels of the World – Set in a quiet area of Ljubljana, but still close to the centre, this boutique hotel is ideal for anyone that wants to unwind. It is set in a former 16th century aristocratic residence. The rooms will make you feel like a King/Queen. You get a complimentary drink when you arrive (my kind of place). Breakfast is plentiful and varied. Rooms start from ~ €121 per night. Book here.
9) Radisson Blu Plaza – This hotel was only built in 2012 so it still feels new and modern. It is located just outside the city centre, about a 7 minute drive away. The Atlantis water/thermal spa park is nearby and guests get free admission. Each bed in every hotel room is orthopaedic. You can squeeze your own orange juice at breakfast. WiFi is great. Rooms start from ~ €98 per night. Book here.
Apartments in Ljubljana
Still not sure about where to stay in Ljubljana? Then how about trying an AirBNB? I’ve stayed in AirBNBs all around the world and had such great experiences. Usually they can be a lot cheaper than hotels, but with all the same perks, if not more. AirBNBs in Slovenia start from €19 per night. If you haven’t already signed up for AirBNB already make sure to do so with my link – you’ll get €30 off your first stay!
SO, there you go, I hope I’ve given you a few ideas about where to stay in Ljubljana.
Have you got a favourite hotel in Ljubljana?
Let me know in the comments!