This post (probably) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking through one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows the site to keep running! Thanks for understanding.
If you use Snapchat and actually watch your friends stories you will probably have seen one of these eerily accurate caricatures. If not, allow me to explain to you Bitmojis and the glory of travel Bitmojis.
What Are Bitmojis?
They are essentially digital caricatures of the user. You can design your own likeness from hairstyle to skin colour to jaw shape and even make-up. Though the choices are somewhat limited you still end up with scarily accurate digital version of you. Once you have created “yourself” you then have a library of Bitmojis to choose from. This library consists of your Bitmoji character in all sort of situations, saying funny things and generally just being the digital embodiment of your soul. You can then send these Bitmoji pictures to friends across all forms of social media including Whatsapp, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and all the good ones.
How Do I Get It?
It’s a free app. You can go into the App store and download it. Or go into your settings on Snapchat and click “Bitmojis” and it will direct you to the download screen.
As you all know I’m all about the jet-setting. In fact, I’m sitting in Dublin airport right now writing this thing. SO, I had to fill you in on all the fabulous travel Bitmojis that are available for your next big trip!
1) Where am I going? Somewhere on that world map there. You know the place, with the beaches and mountains.
2) For when you’re all packed and ready to go. I don’t recommend ever bringing this much luggage though. Bitmoji people do have a lot of accessories to travel with though in fairness.
3) In case anyone is unaware that you are currently on a plane, here’s a handy travel Bitmoji to keep them up to date! LATER BITCHES, off to the Maldives, don’t hate. You’ll be everyone’s favourite person.
4) Similar to the above, but at the END of the flight. I seem to have left my many bags on the plane though. I don’t recommend this. This is probably one I’ll send my mother, it has a bit more flair than simply texting “arrived safe!”.
5) How’s the trip Tara?? This surfing Bitmoji is really the only response needed. Though it is seriously understating my surfing skills.
6) When your friends and family are getting sick of you and your trip make sure you send them this one. It lets them know that you’re thinking of them. Not annoying at all. I always thought someone should put my face on a stamp.
7) If they stop responding to your fabulous travel Bitmojis then hit them with this one. They’ll have to feel sorry for you and respond with nice messages.
8) A highly accurate representation of what I look like on holiday……………….. why are you laughing?!
9) What your trip is ACTUALLY like. This is the most accurate Bitmoji for me. Avoid sending this to your friends in colder climates if you want to keep said friends.
10) Try and tempt you friends to come join your travelling adventures by sending them over this little beauty. Because who could refuse drinking out of a coconut with palm trees in the distance? It don’t know why I’m wearing brown shorts in this one, but I love it nonetheless.
So off you go and create your little mini mes! Add me on Snapchat (whereistara) and send me your Bitmojis. In fact, if you add me on Snapchat my Bitmoji can meet your Bitmoji and then we get stickers/pictures of them on adventures together. Yep, seriously. Do it.
Are you into tech/apps while travelling?
Then make sure you read my article about Pokemon Go.