This post (probably) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking through one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows the site to keep running! Thanks for understanding.
Thinking of getting a gift for the outdoorsy person in your life? Well I have got the perfect list for you. I’ll take you through some of most practical gifts for hikers and adventurers. No, boring stocking fillers here, these are useful gifts that they are going to LOVE.
Gift Ideas for Hikers and Outdoorsy People
1) SUUNTO Core Outdoor Watch. This is the ultimate outdoor accessory. It has an altimeter, barometer and a compass. You can even bring it underwater – it’s waterproof to 30m and has a depth gauge for snorkelling up to 10m. It’s super durable, perfect for all terrains and conditions. My boyfriend got one of these for his birthday and uses it hiking, exploring in jungles (he’s a geologist) and beyond. If you’re feeling super generous then upgrade to the Suunto Traverse Alpha which is waterproof to 100m, has GPS, red backlight, moonphases and more.
2) Voucher for their local Outdoor Store. Whether it’s Cotswold Outdoor, Mountain Warehouse, Snow+Rock or The Great Outdoors, a gift voucher certainly won’t be wasted.
3) Tickets to a screening of the Banff Mountain Film Festival. If you’ve never heard of the Banff Mountain Film Festival then you haven’t LIVED. At the screenings they show the best short adventure films that have been submitted that year. It is hugely inspirational. They have screenings all around the world so check out the website to find your nearest one.
4) Outdare Merchandise. This new Irish brand was created by Derek Cullen the wildly impressive hiker who walked the entire coast of Ireland, the Pacific Crest Trail and cycled across Africa. Derek has created an outdoor brand from his small coastal cottage that is colourful, comfortable and practical. Check out his site HERE.
5) Victorinox Jetsetter@Work Alox Pocket Knife with Pivoted USB Stick. This luxurious gift item is as practical as it is sleek. Perfect for day to day city life and outdoor adventures. It includes a 16GB USB, wire stripper, Philipps screwdriver, scissors, key ring and bottle opener. Check it out HERE.
6) Biolite Camp Stove. I bought this for my boyfriend and it’s so handy. Using the stove creates electricity which you can use to charge your devices. It also comes with a portable grill, flex light and Kettlepot. This is great for people who love a multiple day hike and a bit of wilderness camping. Read more about this stove HERE.
7) Action Camera. If your favourite hiker/adventurer likes to film their adventures then they’ll surely love a new action camera. Of course, the GoPro Hero8 Black is the lastest and most popular action camera. However, it’s expensive. You can get a much cheaper generic version that has nearly identical specs. Recently I purchased the AKASO V50 Elite 4k/60fps action camera with touch screen and voice control. It is fantastic and cost about a third of the price of the GoPro. Plus it came with a bunch of accessories!
8) OtterBox Accessories. Otterbox is an outdoors brand from Colorado. They sell hardcore phone cases that are perfect for adventurers. You can be pretty much guaranteed that your phone will survive any hike with one of these cases. But that’s not all, I love their outdoor mugs, flasks and wine tumblers. They come in all sorts of colours and are perfect for keeping your drinks hot or cold on the trail.
Check out the full product OtterBox range HERE.
9) Unique Adventure Stickers & T-Shirts. If you need a nice stocking filler then make sure to check out Redbubble for something a bit different. They have plenty of gorgeous designs by independent artists from phone cases to stickers and clothing. Check out Redbubble HERE.
10) Eco travel Set. For those adventurers on the go who care about the environment then this is the perfect gift. The kit includes stainless steel straws, bamboo cutlery and a bamboo toothbrush and comes in a handy pack that you can clip to your backpack. It’s an easy inexpensive gift, shop HERE.
There are SO MANY OPTIONS, but I hope this gift guide for hikers and adventurers has given you a few ideas.