This post (probably) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking through one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows the site to keep running! Thanks for understanding.
I always get asked about things to do on a girly weekend in London. SO, I just had to undertake the arduous task of going to London with my lovely friend Jennifer to do some research for all of you! Since we’re mainly about cocktails, food and cute/quirky things that’s what we focused on.
Now, I’m not sure how familiar you are with London, but I’m going to assume you know how to use the tube. If you don’t, trust me, it’s super easy. Ok, back to girly things to do in London.
Girly Things to do in London on a Weekend
Here’s some of my favourite girly places in London. From shopping spots to foodie highlights the following list is perfect for your next girls trip to London.
– Buy some art/vintage clothes at the Spitalfield’s Market. I bought a t-shirt with a tamarin monkey drawn into the pocket. Jen bought a very ethical bag from a very well-informed man named Sebastian who runs a store called Conquer. I recommend you ask him about his “vagapple” t-shirt.
– Go shopping at the BoxPark. This is a shipping container mall full of quirky and unique brands. There’s also some great places to eat and drink. And they host events throughout the year. Check out the website for more.
– A spot of shopping on Oxford Street. No trip to London is complete without getting completely lost in the massive Topshop or Primark.
– Follow the street art up Brick Lane and around Shoreditch. There are companies that run guided tours around different areas. But if you feel like wandering around by yourself then Brick Lane is a great place to start. There’s plenty to see! Street artists from all around the world have pieces in this area.
– Gorge yourself at the Borough Market. This is my all time favourite spot for incredible food in London. Last time I was there I had a cheesecake brownie. Excessive?? Not for a girly weekend in London!
–Have cocktails at Sushi Samba. The food is expensive so just go for drinks, unless money is no object. The main selling point of this spot is the view over the city. Bring your camera!
– Have frozen raspberry and hibiscus margaritas at DF Mexico at the Old Truman Brewery on Hanbury Street. The food is incredible and really reasonably priced. Me and Jen had starters, main courses and margaritas for £30 total. Thanks for the recommendation Kellie. This is definitely one of the most fun girly things to do with your best friend in London if you both love a cocktail and a bit of food.
– Have a Glam Rock High Tea at the K West Hotel. It’s served on vintage record covers with hot pink/blue tea pots. You don’t even have to have boring old tea. You can have tea-infused cocktails instead!
– Try a red velvet brownie at the Spitalfield’s Market. These are to die for! In fact, most of the food in the market is amazing. Go there for lunch at least once.
– Swingers London is not as risqué as it sounds. It is, in fact, a crazy golf nightclub/ cocktail bar. Grab a slice of pizza, pick up a cocktail and get a hole in one.
– Pose for pictures at Peggy Porschen. Oh and eat some cake too! They change the decorations according to the season and it’s incredibly photogenic. Chances are you’ll see a few people having a photo shoot at this delightful cake shop. If you have a sweet tooth definitely check out this guide to the best dessert places in London, you won’t regret it.
Where to Stay on a London Girls Weekend
We stayed in St.Christopher’s Inn by Liverpool Street and we found the location incredibly convenient. It’s located just a few minutes walk from Liverpool Street Station in the quiet financial district. The Liverpool Street train and tube station is just minutes away so there’s easy access to the entire city.
The rooms are above “The Flying Horse” pub which is frequented by business men, and a few women. This is ideal if you’re on a girly weekend with a bunch of single ladies.
Guests at the inn get 25% off food in the pub and 2 for 1 on certain spirits. DREAM! Continental breakfast is included when you book directly through their website. We stayed in a private room which had its own bathroom, a/c, fridge and tea/coffee-making facilities. The wifi in the room was great and the bathroom has a rainfall shower-head (luxury)!
But if you’re travelling with a group of ladies for hen’s weekend or a birthday then you can book out one of the dorms. They have 4 or 8-bed dorms and each bed has its own curtain for privacy. Each room even has a/c which is SO important in London during the summer. Oh and ladies, they have FULL LENGTH MIRRORS with plug sockets next to them so straightening/curling your hair is no problem.
What I really liked about the location was that the streets weren’t over run with tourists, like so many other parts of London. BUT, just a 10 minute walk away are the lively, funky Spitalfield’s Markets. And just 15 minutes walk away is Brick Lane and the Shoreditch area where you’ll find all the street art I mentioned above.
In fact, nearly all of what I mentioned above is within walking distance from St. Christopher’s Inn Liverpool Street. Which kind of makes it the perfect spot for a girly weekend in London.
Do you have any tips for things to do on a girly weekend in London?