This post (probably) contains affiliate links, including Amazon Associates links, and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking through one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows the site to keep running! Thanks for understanding.
Soooo ladies and gents, don’t judge me too much on my music taste. I like A LOT of different stuff and a lot of the stuff I like has nothing to do with travel so didn’t make it into this list 😛 Sooooo, here we go, my list of my favourite travel songs …..
1) Riding Solo- Jason Derulo . Who doesn’t love a bit of JD? *sings* Jaaaaayyysssuuunnnnn Duurrrullowwww *stops singing*. Yeah, you all know it. This songs just makes me want to get up and go. If you’re a solo traveller and ever get a bit unsure, turn on this tune, grab your bags and get back on the road.
2) Fast Car- Tracy Chapman . This is a classic travel song . I still can’t believe it’s a woman that sings this song. That was an absolute revelation when I realised it. It’s one of my favourite songs for travelling, and just in general. When you really listen to the lyrics it’s a bit depressing, but I love the chorus.
3) Beautiful People – Chris Brown . Ok, so I’m no fan of Mr. Brown and all the domestic drama, BUT this was my song of Peru. I HAD to include it. I think travelling is all about meeting people and realising how wonderful humans can really be. Hence, it made my list of travel songs.
4) Take You There – Sean Kingston . So this was a shallow choice. Please, don’t judge my taste in music on this list. I just love the chorus! Who doesn’t want to go to the Tropics and sip Pina Coladas?
5) Going North – Missy Higgins . I LOVE THIS SONG. This is SO perfect for travel. With lyrics like “So goodbye for a while, I’m off to explore, every boundary and every door. “, this song is everything!! It is by far one of my favourite songs for travelling. Travel songs don’t get much better.
6) Drops of Jupiter – Train . A classic. I love this song about a dreamy girl off exploring the universe. “Did the wind sweep you off your feet, did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day and head back toward the Milky Way”, these lyrics just make me want to put on my hippie jewellery and book some flights. I am that girl in the song, without sounding like a total dick.
7) I Can Go The Distance – Stephen Gately. This AMAZING song from Disney’s “Hercules” cartoon is the perfect song to boost your confidence and make you want to hit the road. Check out the lyrics , ” I am on my way, I can go the distance….. I know every mile, will be worth my while”. Accurate, and besides who doesn’t want to feel as strong as Hercules?! A fine addition to my list of travel songs.
8) I Will Always Return – Bryan Adams. OK, so MAYBE I am a bit of a fan of cartoon soundtracks. This one is from “Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron”, one of my favourite films. It just reminds me of mountains and adventure and everything that I love. Definitely one of my favourite songs for travelling.
9) All These Roads – Sultan + Shepherd feat. Zella Day & Sam Martin . With a quirky intro of people from around the world saying Hi and lyrics like, “I don’t want to wait long so pack your things, let’s go”, this song screams backpacking. This is one of my favourite roadtrip songs.
10) Runaway (U & I) – Galantis . I RECKON the title is fairly self explanatory! This song reminds me of learning to surf in Portugal. I’m kind of obsessed with it at the moment. Everyone needs to run away every once in a while, right?!
Bit of a change from all the travel songs. One final song that makes me want to return home;
Paint the Town Green – The Script . This is all about living away from Dublin, so obviously it makes me rather homesick. Especially when it’s St. Patrick’s day! But no doubt wherever I am I’ll paint the town green.